Thursday 19 April 2012

Conversations with Grandma

She is a very wise woman, my Grandma
My Grandmother is an amazing woman, she is 87 years old and has done so much - and knows even more.
I love my Grandma, but she certainly has a way with words..

She recently told a friend of mine (who was walking arm in arm with her down the street) "If you can't be beautiful, you may as well be useful"  

I don't know how she expected the friend to take it, to be honest I'm not quite sure what it means. That's a classic Grandma response. 
So much so that family members share Grandma stories, each one slightly more offensive than the next.

I had remained relatively unscathed, until I pointed out that my photo was in the paper and was met with the response "Oh my, Its not very complimentary is it?" 

love you too Grandma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment